Thursday, December 21, 2017

A Classic TV Christmas- Advent 2017 Day 21


As we head into the 90s, we are going into orbit to celebrate holidays with those misfits on the Satellite of Love. Yes, it's a Mystery Science Theater 3000 Christmas! While there, we'll write odd essays on what Christmas means to me, sing a Patrick Swayze Christmas carol, and be forced to watch one of the worst holiday films of all-time: Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. 


The 1964 film is a classic in of itself. You know the kind of film! It's so bad, it's not good- it's GREAT!

Martians want to help teach their children about Santa. So they perform an alien abduction at the North Pole sending Santa to Mars, forcing him to give gifts to all the good little Martian boys and girls! But of course, Santa isn't having any of this and teaches the Martians what it means to be on the naughty list!


Unfortunately, I can no longer share this December 1991 episode with you. I used to be able to watch it all the time for free. But now that the gang at Rifftrax has the rights to it, I can only share it if I pay $9.99 for it and even then, I am not even sure if legally I can air it here. What I can do is share a copy of the unadulterated 1964 movie. Enjoy- but don't blame me if this movie becomes an annual tradition in your home. 

Until next time, Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment