Sunday, December 24, 2017

Green Arrow Annual #1


In this holiday themed issue, Green Arrow and fellow members of Team Arrow are about to celebrate Christmas. Things seem to be going perfectly. A little too perfectly...

This annual is a fairly good starting point for newbies like myself. I've been into comics for almost 40 years mind you. It's just that I'm not a big fan of Green Arrow. Same goes with the CW series. Of all the DC shows, it's my least favorite and when it comes to GA in comics, the last thing I remember reading about him was the two-part wedding album stories from about 10 years ago.

But by making this issue a Christmas issue, my interest was immediately peaked. Plus quite a bit of back story is included and that really helped this be a story I could navigate through. 

There was one thing I was a little confused about. What's up with Green Arrow's tree city? It's pretty darn cool and I like it. But what's the purpose of it? Is it more easier to defend? Economical? Just aesthetically pleasing? Come on issue writer, Ben Percy! You tell us so much about Oliver Queen and Co., but you left out the details of Tree City???!!! I want to know more.

A very enjoyable holiday themed issue that is full of action, drama, and more. 

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment