Friday, December 29, 2017

Gwenpool Holiday Special: Merry Mix-Up


This is 100% absolute insanity and I loved it! Man, I wish I could say that about this book. Don't get me wrong, it did start out really well...

Gwenpool is from an alternate earth.  But even she knows that Galactus is bad news. The Eater of Worlds is not the bringer of gifts to all of the good little boys and girls of Earth-616! Plus, what in the heck is Pantsgiving?! Something is seriously wrong with Christmas and it's up to Gwenpool to find out what!

Then there's a very odd Christmas story starring the Red Skull and the ghost of Hitler? Clearly this is a pre-Trump presidency comic because this tale of holiday hi-jinx would not fly today. 

Actually, I am surprised that the book made it to press in 2016 when it did. You know what happens during the holidays, right? Hanukkah! I just cringe to think that some kid asked for this book as a gift during the Festival of Lights and this was one of the stories inside! This just seemed wrong.

This holiday special doesn't just cover a mixed up Christmas, screwy Thanksgiving, and hopefully not an Aryan Hanukkah... it also has a Halloween story starring Deadpool. The real Deadpool! It was funny but I think the damage was done with that Red Skull disaster. 

Rating: 6 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment