Saturday, May 21, 2022

The Monsters Meet on Court Street and Other Tales of Supernatural Law

Nope. This one's not a re-read. The Monsters Meet on Court Street was one of about 4 volumes I recently purchased in order to fill my run on Supernatural Law. (FYI- turns out there's still some uncollected stuff out there too!)

Wolff & Byrd: The Counselors of the Macabre, have their work cut out for them in this, the 6th volume in the Supernatural Law collected series. In this volume, the lawyers defend a mafioso who turned into a giant gorilla. In Vol. 5, the mobster, stuck in the body of a 600lb gorilla thanks to an experimental surgery, eventually de-evolved and was sent to live out his days in the Bronx Zoo. Now he's back cognitively and he wants his day in court!

Then Wolff & Byrd help an imaginary friend sue his former best friend, now a wealthy and unscrupulous tycoon who has been blaming the plaintiff for all his company's shysty ways.

My favorite story is about a lonely scientist who discovers a way to communicate with another dimension. Via a sort of television link-up of sorts, the scientist meets another inventor and they fall in love. Add amazing artwork from a pair of comic book legends, a wrongful termination, a restraining order and a twist ending that I knew was coming- I just didn't know what the twist would be- and you have what might be my favorite story of the series so far!

Plus, the world's greatest secretary, Mavis, comes to grips with the fact that her ex-boyfriend, Toby, has moved on. But new love may be in the cards for Mavis, if she can survive the rampaging robot runny rampant in Brooklyn!

A fantastically fun volume that I just couldn't put down. I'm a bit mad at myself as I read this way too fast!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment