Sunday, May 1, 2022

Marvel Comics Presents #93

I'm actually impressed with the segments that feature Wolverine and Ghost Rider. 

The team up between Ghost Rider and Cable has a twist to it. The young girl running away from the undead cult is actually a member of the cult. She's not supposed to be a sacrifice but the bride of the cult leader. And there's a possibility that she's trying to snare Ghost Rider as a sacrifice!

As for Wolverine, we begin a new story that starts off with Logan in the Canadian wilderness. Punisher War Journal's Todd Foxx illustrates several beautiful pages of everyone's favorite mutant cavorting in the Great White North before settling down for a nap. Then all of a sudden, Logan is whisked away to sometime in the 1880s or such during a blizzard. 

Wolverine awakens to find that he's a fur trapper. Whether this is a flashback to Logan's early days or if he's reliving the history of an ancestor isn't made clear. In fact, the Marvel Database Wiki remarks that 30 years later and fans still are sure if this is a dream or memory. As for me, I don't really know either. But I've enjoyed this change of pace story thus far.

I want to mention the covers before I close. The deranged facade of Wolverine holding a pair of hunting knives is pretty cool. But I really like the Ghost Rider flip-side cover more. Yeah, the hell-bike looks kinda weird. But I am a sucker for those covers that look like pieces have been removed with the very front page of the book popping through. I always like to see if it's accurate or not and with this cover, it looks pretty accurate.

Maybe things with having Wolverine and Ghost Rider as the main focuses won't be so bad after all... 

Doubt it. But at least you can see I'm giving praise where praise is due.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment