Thursday, May 5, 2022

Marvel Comics Presents #95

MCP really seems to be all over the place at this point. One issue is a stinker. The next is brilliant and then the one after that is just okay. This is one of those ho-hum issues.

The Wolverine story set in 1800s Canada continues to entertain. Although we're dangerously close to seeing Logan's naked hairy butt, I think the artwork of Todd Foxx is actually pretty good.

The Ghost Rider/Cable story is getting a little long in the tooth. We're at chapter 6 and while I like this story, I'm also ready for the ride to end.

The Hulk story set in the days of Mr. Fixit is cute. But I think instead of Danny Fingeroth (Dazzler), I'd rather Peter David write it. I think the whole dynamic with the young boy meeting his hero but the hero being a grump just isn't connecting. It needs the finesse of a P. David or a David Byrne.

Lastly, I just have no recollection of this Frankie Raye version of Nova story. I really thought it was just a one-and-done story. Apparently, it was a multi-parter.

And don't get me started on the covers by Sam Keith. Neither are any good. I went with the Ghost Rider cover for this review just to spite the horrible hairstyle of Pioneer Wolverine.

Rating: 6 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment