Friday, May 13, 2022

Marvel Comics Presents #98

The Pioneer Wolverine story comes to a close. I love how the people of the Blackfoot tribe call him Skunk-Bear. I kinda hated how this great story ended. Make sense for it to end as it did. I just didn't appreciate it. All except that last panel. That was epic!

A short Ghost Rider story begins in this issue. Despite being told that the Ghost Rider stories were going to be team-ups, this two-parter doesn't appear to be such. What keeps me from hating this story is that it takes place during Christmas. An unexpected holiday story stuck in the middle of an unassuming Marvel Comics Presents. That's a broken promise I can get behind. 

I'm also a fan of the two single issue stories. One has the Werewolf by Night taking on Sabretooth in rural Kansas.

The other is about the reformed Daredevil villain, Gladiator. Now going by his real name, Melvin Potter, he owns a costume shop with the woman he loves. Everything seems serene until a young punk comes to him asking for a Gladiator costume. The Gladiator costume with working buzz saws and everything. And should that reformed villain refuse, that serene life might be in jeopardy. Looks like Melvin Potter might need to suit up one last time.

Not my favorite issue. But with a holiday miracle, despite it's smearing of coal, among 3 very good segments, I was happy.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment