Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Marvel Comics Presents #96

The Nova story comes to an end. And just now, I remember what this story is about. Nova has been called to help a refuge train of ships from certain extinction. After a lot of destroyed ships, a dwindling population and a mutiny, the story ends with hope. But that level of hope is very small. I think only about 50 refugees survive this story. There were more survivors of the Resistance at the end of The Last Jedi than aliens left behind by Frankie Raye at the end of this.

I was a big fan of the Speedball one-and-done story. There's this cornball baddie named Class Clown. He's a cross between Groucho Marx and the X-Men villain, Arcade. And he's bound and determined to turn Speedball into the pariah of Robbie Baldwin's high school.

The Logan story still continues to impress. I think it's the best story of Wolverine in this entire MCP run. 

As for the Ghost Rider/Cable story, I really could be done with it. It's taking too long to end with the ending I have seen telegraphed for a good two or three previous chapters. Enough already!

3 great segments. One that I'm ready for it to be over with. A good read. Just not perfect.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment