Saturday, December 5, 2015

The 18 Days of a Star Wars Christmas Miracle +7: Day 5


 

  As a kid, I had Star Wars toys, books, videos, sheets, clothes, even cereal. But one thing I never had were Star Wars ornaments!

   That was until 1996 AND I WAS 19!

   After 19 years, Hallmark finally answered my and scores of other Star Wars fans requests with the release of the first ever Star Wars ornament of the Millenium Falcon! It was one of those 'magic' keepsake ornaments where you plugged it into one of the sockets of a strand of lights and the ship lit up!

     I remember standing in line at the Crabtree Valley for over 2 hours to be one of the first people to buy it. Out of about 100 moms and grandmoms waiting to get their ornaments, I was the only guy there. I was so out of my element. But it was worth it.

    For my advent present to you today, I have included a link to an extensive history of all of the Star Wars ornaments from 1996-2005. Also, if you find yourself to be crafty, you might enjoy Pinterest link for some idea in creating your own Star Wars ornaments.

   Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment