Saturday, December 12, 2015

Archie Christmas Classics


  

What with the Force Awakens coming out next week and working, working, working... (I'm a chef, so this IS my busy season) I am a little behind on my Christmas-theme readings. But I started it out with a massive bang!

   Archie Christmas Classics is a giant 192-page time capsule of holiday themed Archie Comics from the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s. There aren't just Christmas stories in this book but holiday pin-ups pages, pages to color, and a bonus 2-page prose story from the 1940s. 

   I read a ton of Archie Comics as a kid. I've also read a lot of Christmas Archie stuff since comic back to collecting in 2007. So, it's a wonder that there was only 1 story in this collection that I've ever read before. I'm so used to getting a treasury that's filled with, if I'm lucky, about 50% of things I've already consumed before. Not the case here. And there was only one story didn't I wasn't much of a fan of and that was because it included some renegade Santa's helper elf character that everyone seemed to know (but me!)

   Published in 2011, this is a very fun and entertaining collection of stories that include just about every one of your favorite Archie characters, holiday cheer, magic, and the Christmas spirit. Worth every penny I paid for it!

   Worth Consuming!

   Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment