Saturday, October 1, 2016

Flashpoint: Legion Of Doom #3

   Heatwave and his fellow inmates have taken control of Oliver Queen's flying fortress prison for super-villains and is now heading on a collision course for the Motor City. It's Heatwave's ultimate act of revenge on his arch enemy, Cyborg, to destroy his hometown of Detroit. But with Cyborg's internal batteries failing, can the Flashpoint America's greatest hero save his home from a apocalypse of 9/11 proportions?
    This was a thrilling conclusion to the Legion of Doom miniseries. I loved the action. I loved the drama. And I absolutely loved the plot twists. The saying 'there is no honor among thieves' is presented in flying colors here.
    I mentioned 9/11. That tragic date in history is used so often in stories about alternate history and though it's not mentioned by name- the threat of a giant flying prison set to destroy a major American city; well the allusion to that event wasn't lost on me.
    Oh, and the ending- wow! It was freakin' awesome! I just wish there was one more page...

   Worth Consuming

   Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment