Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Beavis and Butt-Head #10

    I'm not what you would call a fan of Beavis and Butt-Head. I never watched the series, though I did watch Beavis and Butt-Head Do America during a lazy Sunday some years ago during summer vacation from school. It was okay, had some funny moments but it didn't turn me into a fan.
    So why am I reviewing an issue of the Beavis and Butt-Head comic from the fine folks at Marvel? What can I say? It's a holiday comic. I have a special section of my collection devoted to comics featuring Christmas, Valentines, Independence Day, even Easter. Okay- I don't think I have any Easter comics... Yet!
     So let's talk about the issue. It's Halloween day and the guys realize that despite that they are too old for trick or treating, it's a great opportunity to score some free candy... and maybe score with some vampire chicks. As night falls, the boys crash a friends party, get mixed up with some pranks gone wrong, and end up haunting a haunted house.
    The art was crude and the jokes were even cruder and while I wasn't big on this comic, I did think it captured the spirit of Beavis and Butt-Head quite well.
     I DID enjoy the segments in which the guys criticize comics kinda like how they would ridicule music videos. I thought that was very clever. 
    Am I a fan now? Not on your life. Do I feel like I wasted the dollar I paid for this? Not on your life. An okay Halloween themed read that entertained but didn't thrill.
    Oh, one more thing. My issue had a really bizarre printing error. The middle page(s) of the book were somehow folded around in a way that half of the page on the right somehow wound up near the very front of the book. I really can't figure out this goof but if it happened to one, it might have happened to others. That's probably why I found this book in a bargain bin. But it's something to be aware of if you need this issue to complete your Beavis and Butt-Head collection.

   Rating: 6 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment