Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

First of all, I love this book. The stories are great. The art is classic 80s/90s. I love the writing and there’s not a weak story in the bunch. I very much consider this book worth consuming, but there is a catch. This isn’t a collection of comics about the 90s TV show Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. It’s a collection of post-Crisis tales that inspired the show. Even though the back cover explains this, the front is devoid of this info, thus, I felt like it’s false advertising.
With Superman being added to the CW's Supergirl, I'm really digging the Man of Steel in a major way that's been missing with the Zack Synder movies. I didn't hate them, but having Superman be more of a god among men than a super-powered alien just isn't my style of Superman. Plus, having Dean Cain as Supergirl's adopted father, I've been nostalgic for Lois & Clark. Corny as it may have been, it was a cool show.
If I had all the stories contained in this volume, it would mean I spent money on books I already had. Adding to the problem is that the book doesn’t have an index to let you know what issues are collected within. So, if you have an extensive late 80s Superman collection, this may not be the collection for you if you are looking for never before collecting material. Buyer Beware- but keep in mind I am a big fan of John Byrne, Jerry Ordway, and Dan Jurgens and think the material within is top notch.
However, the cover sucks rocks. Kidding! I actually miss Teri's Lois Lane too!
Worth Consuming
Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment