Monday, January 14, 2019

Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: Raid of No Return


The opening salvos of the Pacific Theater are explored in this World War II themed edition of Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales. 

I love these books. They really explore aspects of American and World history that I thought I knew. And boy was I so wrong! 

With stunning aerial pictures of the attack on Pearl Harbor and the progression of both the Japanese and American naval fleets in the Pacific Ocean, this is the best rendered book of the entire series. 

Another key to this book being so good is that it's inspired me to want to read more. I knew very little of Jimmy Doolittle's raid of Tokyo. The stunt flyer turned colonel helped to inspire the American people to join the war effort with only 16 bombers! By deciding to focus on each plane individually, the author really personalized this small part of American history and I want to learn more!

Also, thanks to a great bibliography in the back of the book, I've got several other WWII books on my to-read list!

A must read for youngsters interested in the second world war. There is some mild swears in this book. And since it's a book about war, there will be some violence and death. What, did you expect the author to have everyone licked upon by kittens?

Recommended for ages 8-12. though I think readers as old as 14 might truly enjoy this book.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment