Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Marvel Comics Presents #61

The Hulk and Wolverine team-up story comes to an end with a surprisingly bright ending. One that I was very very pleased with. And look at that cover. It's so stunning. By Vision and the Scarlet Witch artist Richard Howell, I wonder how many covers starring Wolverine and the Hulk can be considered 'beautiful.' I know this one is!

The one-and-done story has a blast from Doctor Strange's past, Marjorie Brink. Now this is a character that only appears in this one issue. But she apparently played a major role in Strange's life as a former lover. In only 8 pages, this story spans decades. A fanciful tale that does a ton in just a very brief amount of time.

In the Scarlet Witch story, Wanda has awaken in the past. Looking in a mirror, she looks like herself but she's wearing pirate garb. Turns out that the creep from the last issue sent her consciousness into a distant relative who happens to sail the 7 seas while practicing witchcraft. 

I just shuddered. What is happening to Wanda Maximoff's body in the present day?

The Poison story is weird. I'm not sure where her path with the homeless, and possibly mentally ill Mop Man is going. I'm empathetic to her secret identity plight as a struggling single mom. Plus the art by Star Wars' Cindy Martin is amazingly alluring. But I have zero idea where this tale is going.

Not a bad issue. Not perfect either. I guess this is one of those diamond in the rough issues.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment