Friday, February 11, 2022

Patrick The Wolf Boy Valentine's Day Special

From 2001, the comedic genius of Art Baltazar and Franco combine to bring fans another round of hi-jinks starring Patrick the Wolf Boy. This time around involves the holiday of love- Valentine's Day!

I'm not sure why Patrick had a heyday in the earliest of early 2000s and then just seemed to go the way of the dodo. Patrick the Wolf Boy is hilarious. Most segments are only 2 pages in length. But I laughed and laughed. 

I know that Patrick is a tribute to former child actor Butch Patrick and his werewolf character of Eddie Munster. But there's also elements of Dennis the Menace with Patrick's shenanigans and Calvin and Hobbes with Patrick and his parents, babysitter crush and school chums. 

Nothing felt stale. It was creative. It was seasonal. And did I mention it was gosh-darn funny? 

This is the second holiday special starring Patrick the Wolf Boy that I own and have read. There's about a dozen more one-shots out there and I want them all! Thanks to this special, I'm adding every one of them to my wish list now!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment