Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Vampirella Valentines Day Special (2022)

I wrapped up my Valentine's Day readings with a real vamp. Four stories of love and romance from Dynamite Entertainment.

The first story was the best. A retiring detective reflects on his first encounter with Vampirella which was a Valentine's Day night to remember.

Then Vampirella must protect New York City from a pair of elemental kaijus.

In a story set during the days of the Old West, a pair of outlaw lovers seek refuge from a mysterious benefactor known to help gunslingers arrange a much needed disappearance.

Lastly, Vampirella travels overseas to investigate reports of a Valentine's Day killer.

I've been reading comic books for like 40 years. This is the first time I've ever read a Vampirella comic. It is because of how she's dressed? More than likely. It's definitely not because of the horror aspect. I try to shy away from sexpot characters. But my favorite LCS knows I'm a big holiday comics collector and they ordered this for me. They've made good recommendations for me in the past, so I went with it. They did a good job on this.

Only the first story involved sex. Even then, it was off-screen stuff. And still, it was the best written of the quartet. I wasn't sure if the Old West story involved Vampirella or not. Or one of her multiverse alternates. (I might not read Vampirella stories but I am aware of her exploits from reading the previews.)

Have I become a Vampirella fan? Will I be requesting more Vampirella in my in-box? Probably not. But I will be open to collecting more holiday adventures starring the iconic horror dream queen. 

Happy V-Day!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment