Monday, February 28, 2022

Marvel Comics Presents #63

Two segments really come to the front on my mind- the title Wolverine story and a horror legend starring Thor!

With Wolverine, a head injury has caused Wolverine to lose control of his feral side. Now, I know what you are thinking; doesn't Logan have a healing factor? Well, yeah, he does. But he doesn't just heal instantly. So as his brain slowly rewires itself, Wolvie is out of control and on the hunt for a group of mercs who have kidnapped his friend and lover, Tyger Tiger.

With Thor, the god of Thunder recalls a voyage to the new world in which a group of Vikings encounter the devilish Varnae. The last vampire of Atlantis. As most of the colony end up under Varnae's power, Thor must rid the New World of the bloodsuckers. While the story itself was kinda hoo-hum, the ending was killer. Literally. But I also loved how it tied in a local legend from my neck of the woods.

The Poison story is still visually appealing and stylistically bizarre and the Scarlet Witch story ends in the way I expected it to. But I liked that the creep who is the villain behind everything gets what's coming to him.

A very fun issue. Not perfect. But each segment had elements that I enjoyed.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment