Thursday, August 18, 2022

Marvel Comics Presents #141

Guess who's starring in the single issue feature, again. Yep. It's Iron Fist. I swear, with having Wolverine, Ghost Rider and Iron Fist in every issue, the original concept of MCP being an overall anthology series of the Marvel Universe is essentially dead. 

On the flip side of this, change is about to come as the 3 multi-part stories are all in their penultimate segment phase. 

Wolverine discovers an inter-dimensional portal. If he can close it up, he'd get rid of those pesky aliens and hopefully free a bunch of islanders from mental enslavement. 

The Spellbounder story has been anything but spellbinding. I read this story but I mostly am just going through the motions with it.

The Ghost Rider/Double Dragon- I mean the Masters of Silence team-up, is just about to face the big boss. 

You know, if this entire issue had been an 90s arcade game, I think I would have been all over it. A Street Fighter type game with Ghost Rider, Wolverine and Iron Fist. Epic. Since these type of games were quartets, I wonder who the fourth character would be... Luke Cage? Punisher? Hellcat? I'd love to visit the alternate earth in the multiverse where this video game idea is a reality...

Rating: 5 out of 10 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment