Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Christmas is Good!: Trixie's Guide to a Happy Holiday by Trixie Koontz

An adorable look at the wonders of Christmas through the eyes of a dog!

Trixie Koontz, the golden retriever princess of writer Dean Koontz, crafted a guide to everything good about the holidays. Though I once owned a dog, I am a cat person. Yet, I was able to enjoy this amazing book that brought me quite a few laughs.

Trixie, who passed away in 2007, loved treats. Especially sausages! And that devotion shows. Her book was written as a way to raise funds for Canine Companions for Independence, an organization that trained assistance dogs for people with special needs. Before an elbow injury, Trixie was an employee of CCI. After having surgery to repair the damage, Trixie went to live with the Koontz family and continued on as a spokes-canine for the organization. 

Christmas is Good! was Trixie's second book. She also wrote Life is Good! about how fun it is to live life as a pampered pooch. If I ever find that book, I will definitely pick it up.

I'm not sure how I got this book. I very recently found it in my book cabinet beside my side of the bed. Since it was a short read and I had some time, I gave it a quick read. And I fell in love. This one is definitely a keeper and it might just become an annual read addition to my holiday traditions. 

Lots of fun even if Trixie isn't a fan of cats.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment