Friday, December 23, 2022

The 25 Baubles of Pop Culture! Advent 2022 Day 23




I made a change on my Advent. Game Day decision I guess you could call it. I just felt that I was omitting a pop culture franchise that really represents Christmas to me- Scooby-Doo! I'm going to do things opposite today and give you my Advent present first. 

See when I was little, I used to have this really cool Christmas record that I would listen to religiously as a tyke every year. Titled Scooby-Doo and Friends: Exciting Christmas Stories, this LP from 1978 had 2 full-length mysteries. On the A side, the gang had to solve the mystery of the missing Santa as the guy hired to play Kris Kringle for a bunch of orphans is nowhere to be found. Then on the B side, the Mystery Inc. gang head to the North Pole to help Santa as someone has stolen all the presents and kidnapped all of the elves! Add in some holiday tunes and the original cast voices of Frank Welker and Casey Kasem, I really thought that this album was the soundtrack to an animated Scooby-Doo special. It wasn't until I was an adult that I learned that wasn't the case. 

The first story was my favorite of the two. So as my gift for Day 23, I am sharing with you 'The Mystery of the Missing Santa' in its entirety. It runs about 15 minutes. Be sure to turn the lights down low and snuggle it to set the mood for this festive mystery.

Enjoy!


And now, a run down of some of my favorite Scooby-Doo ornaments of all-time:









Now it's time for the DIY ornament. This one is fairly easy. You need blue teal felt, some yellow felt, hot glue and a pair of sharp fabric scissors. 

First up, cut a small diamond out of the blue felt. Then cut a larger diamond out of the yellow material. Hot glue the blue diamond on top of the yellow one. Next, cut out a letter S and D out of the yellow fabric and glue in the center of the blue diamond. Then cut a large loop of fabric out of the yellow fabric and glue to the back of the yellow diamond. Once dry, you can hang this replica Scooby-Doo tag on your Christmas tree.




No comments:

Post a Comment