Monday, October 27, 2014

Angry Birds Comics (2014 Halloween ComicFest Exclusive Mini-Comic) (Family Comic Friday Extra)


STK649939 Image

I didn’t even know that the Angry Birds had a comic book! But the stars of video games, action figures, clothes, candy, and more do and this Halloween, they might end up as one of your Halloween treats.

  I know that this is the second Halloween ComicFest 2014 offering in a row of a comic based on a comic. But I promise you, not every book this year is like that. This just happened to be the luck of the draw.  In this exclusive mini-comic, one of the leaders of the pigs tells of a scheme to get at the Angry Birds’ nest by creating a Franken-pig out of dead swine. However, these pigs have no self-control and go absolutely bonkers. There are also 3 one-page length short stories that star various birds and pigs.

Despite the fact I’ve played Angry Birds a couple of times, I don’t know the red bird from the black one and until I read this, I didn’t even know that the pigs wanted to steal the birds’ eggs, much less that they had a king! So, if this book is as entertaining or fun as the video games, I don’t know.

Now, what I read, I liked. Also, I thought the art was spot on to what the characters look like in the video game. The stories weren’t so bad. It was a little more suited for older kids than Plants Vs. Zombies. Would I search this series out for more Angry Bird Hi-jinx? Probably not. But if I received this book as a treat for trick-or-treating this year, I would be very excited and not feel like I would’ve wanted candy instead.

Worth Consuming

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment