Wednesday, October 8, 2014

New Avengers, Volume 3: Other Worlds (Marvel NOW!)


New Avengers (2013-Present) #HC Vol 3
.

  While You still need to read Infinity to reason understand and appreciate what’s going on here, but the third volume of New Avengers is a much easier read than its processor. Now while it might’ve helped that I read this volume immediately after finishing volume 2, I think the biggest improvement in that this volume seems not to rely so much on the events than transpire in Infinity
For one thing, there is more focus on the parallel earths that are undergoing this comic round robin tournament to the death. With the help of a device that can see into these other worlds we get a firsthand glimpse at the successes and failures. Thinking on the scope that each earth has billions of humans living on it and I counted at least 20 earths being mentioned as had already died, this very well may be the most deadly 6 issues in comics since the Crisis.

I’m very much looking forward to the next issue. It may be a while before I get the chance to read it. But I think I’m at a good stopping point that I shouldn’t have any issues getting caught up once I do.

Worth Consuming

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment