Friday, October 31, 2014

Boom! Studios Halloween Fright Fest 2014 (2014 Halloween ComicFest Exclusive Mini-Comic) (Family Comic Friday)


STK650211 Image

 I’m a little mixed on this book. It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t very Halloween-y either. In this mini comic by Boom! Studios, you get 3 tales, one starring the gang from Adventure Time, one with the Fraggles of Fraggle Rock, and the third is a small collection of Peanuts cartoons. Only the Peanuts cartoons have anything at all to do with Halloween in terms of setting or theme.

The Adventure Time story was a little confusing. I’m used to Jake and Finn and that’s about it. I know there is an Ice Wizard and a Princess. However, I don’t think the Wizard is a good guy for some reason. This story starred somebody name ‘Stache’ who wakes up without his moustache. Everyone thinks he’s an imposter and are out to get him. There is a small element of horror but other than that, it’s just a story about a bunch of characters I know nothing about. Even the art looked nothing like what I little I’ve seen of the cartoon.

As for the Fraggle Rock adventure, its stars my least favorite Fraggle, Mokey. She’s always so flighty and well, to be honestly, if the folks dreaming up Fraggle Rock weren’t high enough, I’m pretty sure Mokey was made from hemp and stuffed with hashish. In this story, the artist of Fraggle Rock loses here ‘inspiration’ but as she explains how she lost it, she finds that it never really left her at all.

Overall, not my favorite of 2014 Halloween ComicFest offers that I came across. Will I still give this out to trick-or-treaters who come to my door? Absolutely! It’s not bad. It’s just not very much in the Halloween spirit, and it’s not my cup or tea. But it’s also something that parents shouldn’t find objectionable.

Worth Consuming

Rating: 7 out of 10 stars.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment