Sunday, October 5, 2014

Daniel Boom AKA Loud Boy #1: Sound Off!














This is the first graphic novel in a charming new all-age series. The idea behind this book is that 10 years ago a mad scientist hit the hospital hit the hospital in which Daniel was being born with a silence ray. Only, this ray was reversed and so instead of being the world’s most quiet child, Daniel Boom is now the loudest. Now along with his sister and 3 other children who were born the same day as Loud Boy, Daniel forms a team of super heroes to stop this mad scientist and his cohorts of an international cabal that hopes to make the children of earth seen and not heard.

Except for a couple of fart jokes, the premier volume of this series wasn’t bad. Yes, as with most children’s books, the jokes were old and corny. But the art was exceptional and I really liked the color palette. If I had a niece or nephew, I’d think of giving this book as a gift for sure!

Currently, there are 3 books in the series. Each volume is priced at $6.99 but you can find them on Amazon for less. With each book clocking in at 96 pages, that’s actually a much better deal than most new comics released weekly.

Will I be seeking out further adventures? No, I’m not hooked on this series but that doesn’t mean I don’t know quality when I see it. This just is a bit too young for me. However, ages 8-14 will love this series and parents will too!

Worth Consuming

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment