Tuesday, October 14, 2014

X-Men: No More Humans



 During the House of M storyline, the Scarlett Witch went a little crazy and made a hex that wiped out most of the mutant population. Now, in the first original X-Men graphic novel since God Loves, Man Kills, we see what the world would be like if there was an all-human rapture.

With Wolverine and Storm’s X-Men and Cyclops’ Uncanny X-Men at each other’s throats, the two teams will have to forge an uneasy truce if they want to get to the bottom of the disappearance of all the humans. It all seems to be wrapping up into one very neat package when all of a sudden a trans-dimensional doorway is opened and now persecuted mutants from across the Marvel multi-verse are seeking shelter and sanctuary on this newly dehumanized earth.

This is a very good issue that is a little trippy and a little too advance in where I’ve left off on both All-New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men. The biggest example is that the original X-Men have now joined forces with Cyclops. I have no idea what that’s all about but I cannot wait till I get my hands on the answer.

Another thing I am looking forward to is the forthcoming All-New X-Men/ Guardians of the Galaxy team-up. I’ve only seen the mock-up for the series but it looks awesome.

About the only thing I am disappointed with in this book is the ‘director’s cut’ material. There’s a small script from a few scenes and some inked black and white pages. While I did find it a neat exercise in comic book scripting 101, I was disappointed by the lack of notes or background info that many collections seem to have these days.

Worth Consuming

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment