Friday, September 12, 2014

Marvel Universe Live! #1 (Family Comic Friday)


sorry- no cover available!


This is the prequel comic that came with admission to the Marvel Universe Live! production I went to in July. The comic covers the how and why Thor goes in search of Loki and the Tesseract at the beginning of the show. This comic also features an anachronism. In the production, Peter Parker presents Tony Stark with a device called the ‘Lectro Link.’ In the show, this seems to be a completely new and cool gadget for Tony to play with. But in this comic prelude, Iron Man assigns Spider-man with the job of figuring out the bugs in its design. So, which was it?

The art is very good and clean. There’s not a lot of storyline or dialogue, but it does flesh out some of the storyline that is missing from the beginning of MUL. This issue also ties in the Avengers movie with this multi-media event.

I mentioned this earlier (in July) but I would’ve liked to have the comic before I went to the show. I think what Marvel should’ve done is when someone buys their tickets online then they are sent this comic as a teaser. I understand that if you buy tickets less than 10 days ahead of time, this wouldn’t work and it was used as a ploy to garner interest in buying a program of the show. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t have like to have gotten my hands on this at least more than 40 minutes before the show started. (I’m usually anti-web comics but in this case, a code for fans to read the comic beforehand with the promise of a print copy to pick up at will call would’ve worked just as well for me in this case.)

Worth Consuming

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment