Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Special News!!!

I want this blog to not only be my reading journal but a place for fans to learn about comics, the industry, the major players, and how to start a collection! I think the most important reader of comics is the next generation who are growing up in a world filled with super hero shows, movies, toys, clothes, and yet no comics.
  Why no comics? I think the reason is education. Parents want to know what is appropriate for their child to read. But they also want to know where to find comics and where to find them without needing to procure a small loan. I've been asked by many a parental unit "What can my kids read that is the right thing for their age?" When I spout off the dozens and dozens of possibilities, many an adult had no idea that there once was a comic book version of the A-Team, Happy Days, or even Garfield. Some didn't even know that there are kid, teen, and adults only versions of Batman, Superman, and Spider-man comics; nor are they sure which is which.
   So starting this Friday, I will devote my reviews to kid-friendly comics that the whole family could enjoy. Those selections will be subtitled (Family Comic Friday.) I hope with these reviews that I'll be able to educate parents on the many types of comics out as well as tips on how to start a collection and where to find the best deals. I hope this will provide a valuable service to the next generation of readers and their parents. I also hope that my readers who are not looking for kid friendly stuff will still enjoy the weekly topic.
 At least there's still 6 days of the week to devote to Daredevil!

No comments:

Post a Comment