Saturday, September 6, 2014

Superman Family Adventures #4


Superman Family Adventures (2012-2013) #4

The Daily Planet has a visitor in the form of a tiny monkey named Titano. He’s on loan from the Metropolis Zoo for a photo shoot. But when a chunk of Red Kryptonite falls from the sky and is digested by the curious ‘George’, trouble grows to epic proportions. Its Superman to the rescue until the radiation from the Red Kryptonite causes the Man of Steel to split in two!

  Now it’s Kent versus Can’t with a giant radioactive chimp terrorizing Metropolis! It’s the story of the century! Somebody find Olsen and bring Chief his coffee!

The team of Art Baltazar and Franco continue to pump out instant classics like this one. I love how they created exciting new stories for kids that are rooted in the New 52 universe while harkening back to the classic DC stories that mom and dad read as a kid! It’s a stroke of Disney-like genius- offering something for the whole family to enjoy.

The end of this book offers a study guide for teachers to use. I know if I still taught, I’d use this resource. I wonder if any teachers use this today.

Another Baltazar/ Franco gem that I found at my local library. Great comic, great series, great creative duo and Great Scott!

Worth Consuming

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment