Saturday, September 13, 2014

Daredevil, Volume 3


Daredevil (2011-2014) #TP Vol 3

Well, it took a good while and I did it in the most convoluted way possible but I completed Waid, Samnee, and Rodriguez’ first run on Daredevil. I would say before reading this series, Daredevil was just alright with me. I loved the Ben Affleck Daredevil! (hey, calm down! Two Words: Jennifer Garner!) But I wasn’t a fan.

Then BOOM! This series hit me like a ton of bricks! I’m hooked on wanting to read more about the adventures of Matt Murdock: Daredevil!

Waid’s writing is darn near flawless. But I would have to say it was Samnee and Rodriguez way of showing how Daredevil saw the world with his 4 remaining senses and his radar-sense. The use of onomatopoeia to fill in the lines of birds, trees, people, etc… was brilliant! And the use of color and shading, I felt like I really was looking through the eyes of Daredevil.

In this volume, Daredevil still has the hard drive that’s made every terrorist organization from Hydra to AIM froth at the mouth. Now with Spider-man and the Punisher on his side, the Man Without Fear makes a final play to show the underworld whose really in charge. Then Daredevil is kidnapped to Latveria where he must deal with the most brutal torture of all; the loss of all of his senses!

A fantastic volume with some of the best variant covers EVER!

Worth Consuming

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment