Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Next #3 (of 6)


Next, The #3

The anomaly of space-time, now called the Oblivion Shadow, has the Next and Superman in it’s sights. How can this be unless this thing is sentient…

One of the Next is known for being a brain and uses a lot of technical jargon to get his point across. He’s basically Reed Richards, only I can understand him- most times. This was perhaps one of the most confusing issues I’ve ever read. Usually, I might get lost because I don’t know the full history of a character or series. This was the first time that I felt that I’d get most out of reading a Graduate level text book on Quantum Physics.

If my wife saw me when I read this she probably would’ve said that it looked like my eyes had glazed over. I know that they crossed from the ‘science’ in this issue.

The plot was good as well as the art. It just had some very advanced theories that kept me from enjoying this issue so much. I think that’s a real shame as the previous issue seemed to be finally getting everything on track. I’m not ready to give up yet. But if this keeps up, I will.

Not Worth Consuming

Rating: 4 out of 10 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment