Friday, September 5, 2014

Mekanix #6

Mekanix (2002-2003) #6
It’s the final chapter and Kitty Pryde, her fellow students at Chicago U, and the Genosian mutant Shalo must work together or this new generation of Sentinel is going to wipe the entire college off the map.


About half of this book is the final battle. The rest is devoted to epilogue. That’s roughly 16 pages of story that returns to Mekanix’s paltry roots- soap opera. Ugh- this isn’t the CW- this is supposed to be Marvel Comics.
I know Marvel became the industry leader because people like Stan Lee focused on the real life of the superhero as much if not more than their life in tights. But, Lee made it interesting. The beginning and ending of this mini-series was just filled with some much teen angst. Of all the characters in this book, Kitty’s the only one I care about. Her ‘ending’ was powerful and enjoyable. The rest seemed like MTV rejects.

If my wife was reading this review, she’d say I’m like an old man saying “back in my day.” I just for this comic, she’d be right. Thankfully, that’s not the case yet for every modern comic I read. Unfortunately, for Mekanix, I had to be ‘that guy.’
Not Worth Consuming

Rating: 4 out of 10 stars
Overall rating: 6.67

No comments:

Post a Comment