Saturday, December 15, 2018

They Made A Christmas Album?- Advent 2018: Day 15

I was all set with a selection for today's Advent. But I threw that all out the window after I got back from the movies. I went with my god son to go see Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse today. For those of you expecting my review on it, I will only say that I loved it and to come back tomorrow for my full take on the film.

Anyways, there's a part at the beginning of the film in which Peter Parker is telling you about his life. At one point, he mentions that he made a Christmas album to which a picture of Spidey sitting in front of a roaring fire is seen. A very funny hit-and-run type joke. 

After almost 2 hours of fun and excitement, you've pretty much forgotten about the joke and as the credits near the end, all of a sudden, the wall-crawler's holiday hit is played. Titled Spider Bells, it takes the old joke of singing about Batman to the tune of Jingle Bells and puts Spider-Man in it's place. 




So, I rushed home after the movie hoping and praying that I could find a video of the tune to play for you! And I did!



A couple of things to note... 1) The video was filmed by someone in a movie theater. I am not to blame for audio or picture quality. 2) Because it was filmed in a theater, the link to this video might disappear. But as of now, it still works. and 2) If the link is gone but Marvel/Disney goes ahead and release an official vid, I will do my best to replace with it. 

But until then, this is the best I can do. Enjoy...

Update, December 21st, 2018: SONY Pictures and Marvel apparently heard from fans such as myself and they've released a 5 song holiday album based on the movie. It turns out that the song's real name is Spidey Bells. It's sung by Chris Pine (Star Trek). A higher quality and official video is now available below!





No comments:

Post a Comment