Thursday, December 27, 2018

Mickey and Donald Christmas Parade #4

An adorable collection of stories starring Mickey, Donald and more of your favorite Disney characters. 

Highlights include:

  • While doing some last minute Christmas shopping, Mickey finds a magic coat that starts spitting out tens and twenties.
  • Donald challenges his nephews to the ultimate snow ball fight.
  • It's Christmas Eve and the Beagle Boys escape from prison once again. Instead of downtown Duckburg, the crooks wind up in Wonderland!
I really, really enjoyed the Wonderland story. I just recently finished reading IDW's Disney's Christmas Classics which is comprised of dozens of rare holiday crossover stories involving Peter Pan, Snow White and many more favorites. Alice and her Wonderland cronies were not a part of that amazing series. So, this was a fun treat, especially as Alice is one of my two all-time favorite Disney films.

Once again all of the stories are taken from Disney comic mags from across the globe. The artwork is classic and very visually stunning. And I think that the translators of these stories from their original language into English are getting better. I saw one awkward misstep but overall, the language barrier and lost in translation factors in previous IDW Disney specials is getting few and far between.

One thing I noticed and if any of my readers can explain this curiosity, I would appreciate it. I've noticed that dogs are the dominant species in these stories. I am not talking Pluto, walking on all fours dogs. I mean Goofy on only two legs pups. I'm going to say that these characters are beagles as the all look like the Beagle Boys. With exception of main characters, like Uncle Scrooge or Daisy, all of the minor characters are dogs. Why is that?

A very fun Christmas special that was a trip back to the classic days of Disney. 

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment