Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Armchair Digest: Christmas Unwrapped

It's actually taken me a full scale year to read this book. At 320 pages, you would think that I would have no trouble finishing that collection of short articles about the holiday season in a single holiday season. Well, I actually did pretty well. I got to about page 290 and then I got sick. Really, really sick. 

It was by far the worst flu I had ever gotten in my life. Last year, a terrible bug was floating around my in-laws. Thankfully, I got home from St. Louis before it hit. But when it did, I couldn't eat solid food for over a week. And I sure didn't feel like reading anything, including comic books!

By the time I was back to normal, I was no longer in the Christmas spirit. So I decided to hold off on finishing this book until the 2018 holiday season. Which I finally did last night. 

From reports on how the holidays are celebrated worldwide to reviews of classic Christmas tales to quizzes on customs and tradition, if it's pertaining to the events leading up to December 25th, it more than likely is in this book. Why there's more in this book about Santa Claus that all of the Rankin/Bass specials combined. 

I found this Yule Tide treasury at Ollie's literal pennies on the dollar last year. It was the only copy I saw there but it called out to me. If you are an avid reader of bathroom readers and a fan of Christmas, this is the ultimate collection of facts and trivia for you! A very good read though I felt that the recipes and tips on making arts and crafts needed to be a little more refined in terms of being user friendly.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment