Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Harley Quinn #55


It's Christmas Time on Coney Island. Harley Quinn is all ready for her annual holiday party when it's crashed by those she dreads most- her family! 

I was really looking forward to this issue. A couple of years ago, the team of Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti knocked it out of the park with their holiday Harley tale. So when DC announced another round of Christmas hi-jinx with the Joker's ex, I was excited. And a little cautious.

I had yet to read anything with new series scribe Sam Humphries (Avengers A.I.) on board. From what I can tell from read the solicitations, he's really put Harley through the wringer this year with tragedy upon tragedy. This solo Christmas tale was for the most part very light-hearted and very, very funny. 

One thing though, I always thought Harley's father was abusive. Yet he's as kind as Mister Rogers in this issue. Has that aspect been rebooted or has Mr. Quinzel gone through a positive change in personality? 

If anything, this issue went by way too fast. I couldn't tell if this was a quick read or if I was cheated out of pages. However, the bonus intro into The Batman Who Laughs mini was a nice stocking stuffer. 

A very enjoyable holiday read that actually makes you feel a little warm and fuzzy inside. But don't get used to a happy Harley. The last page promises for a major set of trials and tribulations for Harls.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment