Sunday, December 2, 2018

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Color Classic Micro Series: Michaelangelo

Reprinting the extremely difficult to find (as well as quite expensive when you do) Michaelangelo one-shot from 1985. This colorized version recalls Mickey's holiday trek through Manhattan on Christmas Eve. Here, the turtle goes sledding, enjoys the sites and smells, adopts a kitten and takes on a group of baddies who have stolen a truck full of toys due for the orphans. 

This was a Eastman and Laird masterpiece. While I am very grateful to have recently found this book for only a buck at my favorite thrift store, I am not done with trying to find more copies of this story. I've given up on trying to find the 1985 original. It's too expensive. However, there is the matter of the 1990 Michaelangelo Christmas Special from Mirage. That volume not only reprints the story found in this comic but it includes an original A Christmas Carol-style story. 

The 1990 Christmas special has been reprinted several times with both tales. Why IDW didn't include the 90s story with this edition is beyond me. Since there's a TMNT Christmas story out there that I have yet to read, I'll keep looking for the Michaelangelo Christmas Special even though I'll have already read half of it.

Full of thrills and action. It's not the all-ages Turtles you may be used to on TV. But, I think readers at least of the age of 10 will enjoy.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment