Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Dennis The Menace Giant #11


As a kid, I was a Dennis the Menace fanatic! I loved the old black and white TV show starring Jay North. I enjoyed the animated cartoons. And I just adored the comics- both in newsprint and comic book form.

One of all-time favorite issues involved Dennis and friends getting ready for an eclipse. I just happened to have the book right around 1983 or 84 in which a major sun blockage was set to occur. This issue might very well rank up their as a personal favorite.

In this huge edition from 1963, Dennis gets all of the toys of his dreams from Santa, treats the Wilsons to a night of Christmas shopping, and fills in for an important role in the church nativity. 

There was also a couple of prose stories. These tales were vital for publishers as at the time of distribution, it was the only way for comics to maintain their first class mailing status. Normally, these sections are fodder just to keep the USPS happy. But both were really quite good here.

A rare and hard to find (but oh so fragile) gem that I found at a recent Con.

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment