Friday, September 13, 2013

House of Mystery, Volume 8: Desolation


 

The House of Mystery starring Fig Keele comes crashing down in a reality splitting epic. Fig finally learns who’s behind the Conception, a mysterious race of people who want Keele to save their race from extinction. I had mentioned in my journal after reading volume 1 that this series reminded me of the Prisoner TV. I couldn’t have been more astute in my observation.
While these twists and turns were confusing, I enjoyed this volume immensely. Everything fell in place nicely and I was happy not only with the ending of Fig’s story but the final tale “Three For the Road” was very satisfying as 3 possible endings to the House of Mystery are presented and the reader is granted permission to decide which outcome was the true one.
A brilliant ending to a brilliant series. Very much Worth Consuming!
Rating 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment