Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sub-mariner Comics 70th Anniversary Special #1


 

Sub-Mariner is one of my all-time favs. Like Aquaman, yet different. This is an awesome homage to the Avenging Son. I like the format a lot and I’d like to read more comics like this. Sadly, they don’t make comics like this anymore.
  The modern tale has Namor questioning his allegiances to the Allied powers during World War II and he goes off finding Nazi spies in order to weigh which side is the more honorable to align himself and his Atlantean brothers with for the remainder of the war. This question of conscience is in the true Marvel style and I was very surprised that Stan Lee didn’t write it.

The 1940s tale was a reprint of the very first Sub-Mariner story. It was reprinted already in  the Marvel Comics 70th Anniversary Special. So, I was rightful confused in wondering if I had read this tale before or not. Guess what? I had!

Worth Consuming!

Rating 10 out of 10 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment