Saturday, September 21, 2013

Marvel Comics 70th Anniversary Special #1


 

The cover looks almost exactly like the cover of the first Marvel/ Timely comics that started it all. This was actually the first book I read in this series, and the only book I paid full price for the day it came out in 2009. Now that I think about it, I think this issue came free with the purchase of 2 other Marvel 70th books. So, I paid full price for them.  But for some reason, I never reviewed this book upon completing.

  IT IS a reprint of Marvel Comics #1. The stories are very good but the plotting is choppy and art is rough as most 1939 comics were in those days. However, upon reading other Marvel 70th specials, most of the material in this book is also contained elsewhere. So, I am glad I didn’t pay full price after all. There’s a second cover to this book that has a more modern looking cover. But why would anyone want that one? I’ll stick with my replica cover, thank you.

Worth Consuming- but remember, most of this material is reprinted in other anniversary specials.

Rating 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment