Sunday, November 3, 2013

November is Doctor Who Month!!!

The Doctors of the past 50 years, Numbers 1-11.
 This month marks the 50th Anniversary of the iconic British sci-fi series, Doctor Who. Now that I am finally caught up with my Halloween reads, I plan to start a new them read: in honor of the countdown to the 50th Anniversary episode due to air November 23rd, I will be reading many of the Doctor Who comics and books that I have in my collection. I've been saving them for this very occasion.
   I still have some Captain Carrots left to read and most of my Doctor Who stuff are single issues and I don't like to read them at work or away from home, so I'll also be reading a few other non-themed works through the month.
  But, Doctor Who is very special to me. I've been a fan of the show since I was a little kid, not even in kindergarten, watching the Doctor and his myriad of companions travel through time and space in a little blue box on local PBS station WUNC. That was about 33 years ago- so with exception of Star Wars, it's been a TV watching fixture for just about my entire life. I even titled my blog after a phrase that the 11th Doctor has described himself as. He's a madman with a box, I'm a madman with a book.
   So, let's see what the universe has to offer for the timelord known as The Doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment