Friday, November 1, 2013

Batman, Volume 2: City of the Owls (New 52)

I think I've read this before, or at least some of it. that's because this volume and Batman: Night of the Owls contains both Batman (New 52) 8,9 and annual #1! I hate to say it, but that's a mistake that even Marvel wouldn't pull.

I've been getting the new 52 Batman volumes at my local library, so with exception of gas, I've not really lost any money. But, mad would I be so pissed if I plopped down $25 for each book and I discovered 3 issues are reprinted in both volumes!

DC really needed a disclaimer on this one.

The story of Batman and the Owls is awesome. It's been so expansive that I really thought it'd never come to a close. But, that's okay, because as a story arc, it's one of my all-time favorites. The art is really good, though the last story switches artists for no apparent reason. But both styles are phenomenal that I could just about overlook it, if both styles just weren't so gosh darn similar.

A very good volume that has some unneeded overlaps.

Worth Consuming, but don't pay full price of you get Night of the Owls!

Rating 8 out of 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment