Friday, December 27, 2019

Teen Titans Go! #25 (Family Comic Friday)


I was never behind on my holiday comic reading this year. But as always, when trying to stay on top of an Advent, I got behind on my reviews. But that's okay as I was needing a book to review for Family Comic Friday this week anyways.

This issue is from a couple of years ago. But it wasn't until sometime this year that it officially became a part of my collection! As with just about any and all ultra-serious comic collector, I am really behind in adding books to my database. So yes, for almost 2 years this comic languished in my to-add pile. But that changed this year!

I was set to read this during the first week of December. But after about 3 pages into the opening feature, I decided to wait until December 22nd, the first night of Hanukkah, 2019! 

In the first story, Colossal Boy of the Legion of Superheroes travels from the year 3000 to observe the first Hanukkah. But an error in calculations has the time travelling teen winding up at Titans Tower in 2017 instead of Second Century BC Jerusalem. Fearful that Colossal Boy could stomp them flat with his enormous feet, the Teen Titans decide to play along and recreate the first miracle of lights. In typical Teen Titans Go! fashion, the results are hilariously flawed!

In the back-up story, the Teen Titans are convinced that Batman is secretly Santa Claus! Not even Robin can refute the evidence that points to the Dark Knight and Kris Kringle being one and the same! So it's off to the Bat Cave for a Christmas Eve investigation. 

If you are a fan of the 'TV Knight' episodes of TTG, then you're going to love this caper. But my favorite was the Hanukkah story. Scooby-Doo Team-Up living legend Sholly Fisch crafts both tales and I got a lot of laughs out of both. But I favored the story that featured the Chosen People. Being married to a Jewish Princess, maybe I'm biased. But there's no denying how hilarious that first story was.

I also loved the cover! So much that I made it my FB icon for the first couple of evenings of the Festival of Lights. 

Overall, this was a great issue that covered 2 of the 3 most important holidays of the season!

Worth Consuming!

Rating: 9 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment