Saturday, December 14, 2019

Scooby-Doo #127


Scooby Doo (1997-2010) #127

Scooby-Doo and friends must solve a trio of mysteries in this issue from DC Comics.

Velma is summoned to yet another relative's house in order to claim an inheritance. Then a spirit threatens construction set to remodel a beloved sports stadium. Finally, the Mystery Machine is haunted by a real ghost! 

All three were classic Scoody-Doo tales. However, not a single one is Christmas themed! 

I felt like this was a case of the old bait-and-switch! The cover has a ghoulish hand taking Santa's cooking while poor Scooby looks on in terror. Clearly, the cover is Christmas themed. But not the book. 

I was all set to be a little forgiving for this lack of holiday cheer. That is until I read the back page!

On the back, there's a listing of all the DC kid related comics that came out at the same time as this Scooby-Doo comic. I guess in order to not have to reset the printing for all of the titles, Scooby #127 is listed too. In the description of this comic is say 'The holidays are a time for family, for giving and or course receiving...' Other than that first story having Velma's distant relatives, there's no holidays inside this comic! No Thanksgiving. No Kwanzaa or Hannukah. And definitely no Christmas! Man was I pissed.

So now the question is what do I do with this book? I liked the stories. But do I refile this comic in my holiday comics section or does it go under S for Scooby-Doo? Decisions, decisions...

Rating: 5 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment