Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Xombi: #1 (Halloween Theme)


Well, lookie what I found. It’s the very first issue of Xombi. Actually, there’s supposedly an issue 0, but I didn’t know that till after I read this first issue. After reading the Xombi re-launch trade, I checked my collection and low and behold, I did have the origin issue.

 Here, we learn the how and why David had to become a Xombi. We see glimpses of Nun of the Above and Catholic Girl, and those husk creatures. I still don’t know why those husks wanted David’s nanotech, but it made for a very interesting issue. The final splash page is extremely gory and how the husks seek out their prey is very eerie.
I want to read more! A very good first issue. It moves a tad slow, but I enjoyed it.
Worth Consuming!
Rating 9 out of 10 stars
Fright Factor 6 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment