Saturday, October 5, 2013

Captain America: The Bloodstone Hunt

Finally, a 90s Captain America story I like- no make that love! Captain American and Serpent Society member Diamondback are sent on an epic quest to find 5 shards of the Bloodstone. Their competitors in this race is Baron Nemo (II) and his hired help of Batroc The Leaper.
  The book  reads like a James Bond movie going from exotic locale to exotic locale. There’s fun, spills, sex, and just a little bit of imagination. Also included is a two-part story that ties up some loose ends involving Crossbones and why he’s been so hell-bent on retrieving the stones too!

Cover of the 90s edition of The Bloodstone Hunt.
   It’s a fantastic book that I found recently on steep discount at one of my favorite comic shops. I enjoyed just about all of it. The art was excellent. The story was very good. I just felt that chapter one was way too short. It was just a prologue, but I would have loved to read the Captain America Jr. story that was featured in the back of that issue as well.
   At least this gives me hope that more of Capt’s stories during the 90s was of this high quality and it inspires me to search out further adventures.

Worth Consuming.

Rating 9 out of 10 stars.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment