Monday, October 21, 2013

Storm Surge: A Destroyermen Novel, by Taylor Anderson


 

The men of the Us destroyer Walker continue their battle against the Grik on an alternate earth. It’s D-Day as a massive assault to liberate parts of India and rescue the stranded Allied American-Lemurian forces finally falls into place. I love how D-Day fell on 6th of June, 1944 and yet nobody on this earth knew because they’ve been stranded from our world for over a year.

  Some lingering mysteries are finally answered and solved while a few more pop up in their place.  I think that the series is about due to come to an end. Don’t get me wrong, I love this book and while it took me a very long time to complete it, which was because it’s the last book in the series thus far. So I devoured about 30 pages at a time and then savored the book by putting it away for a raining day.

    However, this is like book 8 and I’ve read well over 10,000 pages about the war against the Grik. I would hate for this series to were out its welcome. I don’t think with the scope of a war in both Asia and the Americas that this series could be completed in one 340 page volume such as this one. But I think the Destroyermen should be seeing peace within at least 3 more books and no more than 5!

  I love the very technical approach Anderson has to ever little weapon and massive ship. It makes me feel like I am right there alongside the Destroyermen. The last 50 pages were action packed and I hated having to put the book down for any interruption of any means.

I can’t wait for the next volume! Write faster, Mr. Anderson! (PS, I have to wait 8 more months till the next book! Please, say it ain’t so!!!)

Worth Consuming

Rating 10 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment