Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Crime SuspenStories #8 (Halloween Theme)

Another offering in the EC Comics collection reprinted by Gemstone Publishing. This isn’t a horror tale, but it does offer a story hosted by the Old Witch of Haunt of Fear fame. That story involves a chemical tenderizer of meat products. That story had a misdirect that I overlooked until the last second and shocked the bejeezus out of me as well as involved a chuckle (man am I sick!)

Another tale was a twist on the escaped homicidal maniac urban legend while another tale was on betrayal and a pair of mixed-up gravestones. It’s about a group of youths playing morbid pranks on the community- no wonder these titles became the target of nervous moms in the 1950s.

The final story was a tale I had heard before, by one of my former pastors! Who knew that EC Comics could be used in Sunday services! That was so awesome! I love it!

Not a very scary comic, but it’s got its moments. It was yet another EC classic and I loved every page and panel of it!

Worth Consuming!

Rating 10 out of 10.

Fright Factor: 5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment