Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Weird War Tales #47, Halloween Theme



This issue features a fantastic cover by the essential DC Comic’s war artist, Joe Kubert. The story on which this cover is based has a young boy whose love of playing war games is helping his warlord father turn the tide of battle in a post-apocalyptic world. It’s a very clever tale with some of the most gruesome art of a melting man, that I’ve ever seen and I’ve read tons of EC Comics. It’s truly gory!
Then there’s another nuclear holocaust tale in which a survivor searches for the source of a voice crying for help. It’s got a ghastly ending, but there isn’t any war per say. I guess the spoils of war count as a war tale.
There’s a third story, but it’s really not all that memorable. I guess that’s a shame. But, outta sight, outta mind ya know?
It’s a really freaky issue but still not 100% the quality I expect from Weird War Tales. But it’s not the worst issue I’ve read in this series either.
Worth Consuming.
Rating: 7 out of 10 stars
Fright Factor: 8 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment